Correct Answer - Option 4 : A,B, and C
- It is the process of depositing a layer of any desired metal on another material by using electricity.
- The process has a wide range of industrial applications.
- It forms a protective layer over metal and makes it corrosion resistant.
- It also gives a shiny appearance to metals.
How Electroplating reduces cost?
- Chromium metal is corrosion resistant and has a shiny appearance.
- But the metal is very costly and it is not corrosion-resistant.
- So, applying electroplating of Chromium over cheap metal provides a cheap alternative of chromium.
So, electroplating has benefits such as
- providing resistance against corrosion
- providing the lustrous appearance
- cost benefit
So, All statements A,B and C are correct.
- Electroplating is done by the process of electrolysis.
- The process is also used for coating silver, gold over cheaper metal to form jewelry.