Correct Answer - Option 1 : Scandinavian Countries
The correct answer is Scandinavian Countries.
- The basic idea of the Lok Pal is borrowed from the office of ombudsman in Scandinavian (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway) countries.
- The Lokpal Bill is an anti-corruption bill drafted to control corruption by ministers and high-level officials.
- It is the Administrative Reforms Commission of India (1966- 1970) that recommended the establishment of Lokpal and Lokayukta in order to solve the grievances of citizens.
- The Lokpal and Lokayukta Act (2013) came into force on 16 January 2014.
The jurisdiction of Lokpal consist of:
- Prime Minister
- Group A, B, C, and D officials of the Central government.
- The Lokayukta is established at the level of the State.
Scandinavia Countries comprises of 5 countries in total are as follows:
Scandinavia is a traditional and cultural-linguistic region, it includes the three kingdoms of Norway, and Sweden, on the Scandinavian Peninsula, and Denmark, the country located on the Jutland peninsula and its main islands of Sea land and Funen north of Germany, west of Sweden, between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
- The word Scandinavia assigned originally to Scandia (Skane), an area formerly Danish, now Swedish.
- In a more general sense, the name Scandinavia is also used to suggest to the Nordic countries including Finland and the island nation of Iceland as well.