Correct Answer - Option 1 : A-2, B-3, C-1, D-4
The correct answer is A-2, B-3, C-1, D-4.
- The Constitution of India was framed by a Constitution Assembly set up under the Cabinet Mission Plan of 1946.
- The Cabinet Mission came to India to discuss the transfer of power from the British Government to the Indian leadership with a view to preserving the peace and democracy of India.
- The constituent assembly was set up on 6th December 1946.
- The first official meeting of the constituent assembly was held on 9th December 1946.
Sachidanand Sinha was appointed as the temporary chairman during its first meeting.
Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as the permanent president of the constituent assembly on 11th December 1946.
- The Constituent Assembly also appointed H C Mukherjee as its Vice president.
- The Constitutional Advisor to the constituent assembly was B. N Rao.
Important Committees of the Constituent Assembly-
- Drafting Committee – B. R. Ambedkar
- Union Constitution Committee – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Provincial Constitution Committee – Vallabhbhai Patel
- Advisory Committee on Fundamental Rights, Minorities and Tribal and Excluded Areas – Vallabhbhai Patel
- National Flag and HOC Committee – Rajendra Prasad
- States Committee (Committee for negotiating with states) - Jawaharlal Nehru
- Committee for the function of the Constitution Assembly - G V Mavlankar
- Language Committee - Moturi Satyanarayana