Correct Answer - Option 3 : Ascorbic Acid
The correct answer is Ascorbic Acid.
Vitamin C also known as ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in some foods, added to others, and available as a dietary supplement.
- The Vitamin B complex refers to all of the known essential water-soluble vitamins except for vitamin C.
- The Essential water-soluble vitamins include.
- Thiamine (vitamin B1)
Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6), biotin, folic acid, and the cobalamins (vitamin B12)
Vitamin B plays a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks of a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism.
Vitamin B are especially important for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding. These vitamins aid in fetal brain development as well as reduce the risk of birth defects.
- And for expectant mothers, B vitamins may boost energy levels, ease nausea, and lower the risk of developing preeclampsia.
Vitamin B are thought to increase testosterone levels in men, which naturally decrease with age. They may also help men build muscle and increase strength. However, human studies confirming these claims are lacking.
- Each member of the B-complex has a unique structure and performs unique functions in the human body.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, and biotin participate in different aspects of energy production, vitamin B6 is essential for amino acid metabolism, and vitamin B12 and folic acid facilitate steps required for cell division.