Correct Answer - Option 4 : Hyderabad
The correct answer is Hyderabad.
- The Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC) was established at Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad.
- The Indian Tsunami Early Warning System (ITEWS) was established in 2007.
- It is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Earth Sciences which continues to provide timely tsunami advisories to stakeholders.
- ITEWS comprises a real-time network of seismic stations, tide gauges, and a 24X7 operational tsunami warning center to detect tsunamigenic earthquakes, monitor tsunamis, and provide timely advisories to vulnerable communities.
- The ITEWC also provides tsunami services to 25 Indian Ocean Countries as part of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of the UNESCO framework.