Correct Answer - Option 2 : Web Server
The correct answer is Web Server.
A computer on the Internet that uses HTTP protocol is known as a Web Server.
- The Hypertext Transfer Protocol is an application protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information systems that allow users to communicate data on the World Wide Web.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a method for encoding and transporting information between a client and a web server.
- HTTP is the primary protocol for the transmission of information across the Internet.
- The primary function of HTTP is to establish a connection with the server and send HTML pages back to the user's browser.
- The browser adds the rest.
- A local area network (LAN) is a collection of devices connected together in one physical location, such as a building, office, or home.
- A LAN can be small or large, ranging from a home network with one user to an enterprise network with thousands of users and devices in an office or school.
- PCs/workstations and servers.
- Network Interface Card (NIC).
- Cabling and connectors, for example, coaxial cable and BNC connector, Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and RJ-45 connector.
- Hub, concentrator, and more complicated network devices such as Bridge, LAN Switch and Router.
- A wide area network is a telecommunications network that extends over a large geographic area for the primary purpose of computer networking.
- Wide area networks are often established with leased telecommunication circuits.
- The WAN allows the router to connect to the internet and share that connection with all the Ethernet-ready devices connected to it.