Correct Answer - Option 4 : 1968
The correct answer is 1968.
The Nobel Prize for Economics was instituted in 1968.
- The Nobel Prize for Economics was instituted in 1968 but was first awarded in 1969.
- The first prize in economics was awarded in 1969 to Ragnar Frisch and Jan Tinbergen "for having developed and applied dynamic models for the analysis of economic processes.
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences has been awarded to Paul R. Milgrom and Robert B. Wilson “for improvements to auction theory and inventions of new auction formats.
- The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 1998 was awarded to Amartya Sen "for his contributions to welfare economics."
Amartya Sen is the first Indian to receive Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Alfred Nobel was a Swedish chemist, engineer, and industrialist most famously known for the invention of dynamite.
Malala Yousuafzai became the Youngest person to receive a Nobel Prize at the age of 17, Nobel Peace Prize (2014).
John B. Goodenough; at the age of 97, received Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2019) is the Oldest person to receive a Nobel Prize.
Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian ever to receive a Nobel Prize.
- He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in recognition of his work Geetanjali, a collection of poems, in 1913.