Correct Answer - Option 4 : Generation
The correct answer is Generation.
The letter 'G' has been used for Generation in 4G technology in mobile communication.
Meaning of 'G' in mobile signal
- The G in 2G, 3G and 4G stands for Generation, and they refer to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation of wireless technology.
- The higher the generation the better, fast, and powerful will be the network.
Letter G stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service).
- It indicates the slowest speed of internet data transfer on our mobile phone.
Meaning of 'E' in mobile signal
- Letter E stands for EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution).
- It is also called Enhanced GPRS.
- This technology lies somewhere in between 2G and 3G technology.
- So, some people refer to it as 2.5G.