Correct Answer - Option 1 : 1935
The correct answer is 1935.
The Reserve Bank of India was established in 1935.
- RBI is known as the 'Central Bank of India' whose primary function to regulate the issue of Banknotes and keeping of reserves with a view to securing monetary stability in India and generally to operate the currency and credit system of the country.
- RBI is also known as 'Apex Bank of India'.
- RBI is also known as 'Banker's Bank'.
- RBI was set up on the recommendation of the Hilton Young Commission also called the Royal Commission in 1926.
- RBI Act was passed in the year - 1934
- RBI was established on 1st April 1935.
- RBI was nationalized on 1st January 1949.
- RBI issues all currency notes except one rupee.
- The signature of the RBI Governor on the notes is in English and Hindi.
- The currency notes except one rupee hold the signature of the RBI Governor.
- One rupee holds the signature of the Finance Secretary.
- The first Governor of RBI - Sir Osborne Smith
- The first Indian Governor of RBI - C. D. Deshmukh
- The longest-serving RBI Governor - Benegal Rama Rao
- The Indian Prime Minister who had served as RBI Governor - Dr. Manmohan Singh
- Present and 25h Governor of RBI - Shakthikanta Das
- Deputy Governors of RBI - B. P. Kanungo, S. M. K Jain, M. D. Patra, and M. R. Rao.
- Headquarter - Mumbai