Correct Answer - Option 1 : fungi
Penicillin fungi are the source of penicillin.
- People take this antibiotic either orally or through injection.
Alexander Fleming was the one who discovered Penicillin.
- The interesting fact is It is not humans who are attaining resistance against the antibiotic, rather the bacteria.
- The bacteria is absorbing the antibiotic that they are becoming resistant to it.
So, the correct option is fungi
- Fungi are eukaryotic organisms that include microorganisms such as yeasts, moulds and mushrooms.
- These organisms are classified under kingdom fungi.
- The organisms found in Kingdom fungi contain a cell wall and are omnipresent.
- They are classified as heterotrophs among living organisms.
- The appearance of black spots on bread left outside for some days, the mushrooms and the yeast cells, which are commonly used for the production of beer and bread are also fungi.
- They are also found in most skin infections and other fungal diseases.