Correct Answer - Option 3 : 2, 3 and 4
The correct answer is 2, 3 and 4.
- System of link canals
- by Punjab Public Works Department
- Sanctioned in 1905.
- Upper Jhelum
- Upper Chenab
- Lower Bari Doab
- Chief engineer - John Benton
- canals carrying 27,000 cubic feet of water.
- Carry water of Jhelum to Chenab and then to Ravi river which will carry water further.
- Chenab and Jhelum are tributaries of Indus.
- Indus originates from Bokar Chu glacier in the Tibetan region.
- Many tributaries-
- Gilgit, Hunza, Nubra, Shyok, Dras, Gasting in Himalayas.
- Main tributaries - Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas, Sutlej.
- It flows into Arabian Sea.