Correct Answer - Option 4 : Sports
The Correct Answer is "Sports".
- The Arjuna Awards were instituted in 1961 by the government of India to recognize outstanding achievements in National sports.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 500,000, a bronze statuette of Arjuna and a scroll.
- Over the years the scope of the award has been expanded and a large number of sportspersons who belonged to the pre-Arjun Award era were also included in the list.
- The Government has recently revised the scheme for the Arjun Award.
- As per the revised guidelines, to be eligible for the Award, a sportsperson should not only have had good performance consistently for the previous three years at the international level with excellence for the year for which the Award is recommended, but should also have shown qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
From the year 2001, the award is given only in disciplines falling under the following categories:
- Olympic Games / Asian Games / Commonwealth Games / World Cup / World Championship Disciplines and Cricket
- Indigenous Games
- Sports for the Physically Challenged.