Correct Answer - Option 3 : Wearing well-fitted dress
Childhood refers to the period of the human lifespan, ranging from birth to puberty. It consists of many developmental stages and 'adolescence' is one of them.
'Adolescence' comes from the Latin word 'Adolescere' which means 'to grow to become mature'. It a stage which lies between the age of '12 to 19 years'.
- Emotion is a mental state associated with fear, anger, love, etc. Emotional states of an individual are the combination of physiological arousal, psychological appraisal, and behavioral changes.
Emotionally disturbed children can be defined in terms of certain observable characteristics such as withdrawn behavior, failure to achieve a level reasonably commensurate with ability or tendency towards fighting, and other aggressive behavior.
Emotional disturbances of adolescents:
- They show the same emotions as they used to show in their childhood i.e., fear, disgust, but the emotions of adolescence are different in their patterns.
- The emotions at this stage are more uncontrolled, intensive, and irrational. As they gradually grow, their emotional behavior improves and become mature.
- Children who suffer from emotional disturbances generally do nail-biting, thumb sucking, depression, pulling or stretching of hairs, fear of specific objects or things, etc.
- A child wearing a well-fitted dress is not a symptom of emotional disturbance but wearing proper clothes that fit them well makes them confident.
Hence, it could be concluded that wearing a well-fitted dress is not found in the symptoms of emotional disturbances of adolescents.