Correct Answer - Option 2 : 625 × 1017
- It is defined as the intrinsic property of certain fundamental particles like electrons, proton, etc, due to which they produce electric and magnetic effects.
- Types of electric charge
Positive charge: A body having a deficiency of electrons.
Negative charge: A body having an excess of electrons.
- Properties of electric charge
- Like charges repel and unlike charges attract each other.
- A charge is a scalar quantity.
- A charge is always quantized.
- A charge will always remain conserved.
- A charge is always associated with mass.
- The unit of charge is the coulomb.
⇒ 1 coulomb= charge on 625×1016 electrons
We know that the number of electrons in 1-coulomb charge is,
⇒ N = 625×1016 electrons
So the number of electrons in 10-coulomb charge is,
⇒ N' = 10 × 625 × 1016 electrons
⇒ N' = 625 × 1017 electrons
- Hence, option 2 is correct.