Correct Answer - Option 3 : 1973
The Correct Answer is 1973.
Project Tiger is a tiger preservation program dispatched in April 1973 by the Government of India during Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's residency.
Kailash Sankhala was the first director of Project Tiger.
- As the Bengal Tiger is the national animal of India,.
This project aims to stem the dwindling population of the big cats and work to increase their numbers.
- The project aims at ensuring a viable population of Bengal tigers in their natural habitats, protecting them from extinction, and preserving areas of biological importance as a natural heritage forever represented as close as possible the diversity of ecosystems across the distribution of tigers in the country.
- The public authority has set up a Tiger Protection Force to battle poachers and subsidized the movement of residents to limit human-tiger clashes.
Project Tiger's main aims are to:
- Reduce factors that lead to the depletion of tiger habitats and mitigate them by suitable management.
- The harms done to the natural surroundings will be corrected to encourage the recuperation of the biological system to the greatest conceivable extent.
- Ensure a viable tiger population for economic, scientific, cultural, aesthetic, and ecological values.
- The tracking system M-STrIPES turned into advanced to help patrol and defend tiger habitats. It maps patrol routes and permits woodland guards to go into sightings, occasions and adjustments whilst patrolling. It generates protocols primarily based totally on those data, in order that control selection may be adapted.