Correct Answer - Option 4 : Smiling Buddha
The correct answer is Smiling Buddha.
It is the day India successfully tested nuclear bombs in Pokhran on May 11, 1998.
- India successfully test-fired its Shakti-1 nuclear missile in operation called Pokhran-II, also codenamed Operation Shakti.
- The nuclear missile was tested at the Indian Army's Pokhran Test Range in Rajasthan.
- This was the second test that was conducted after Pokhran-I codenamed Operation Smiling Buddha, in May 1974.
- Hence, option 4 is correct.
- The day which was first observed on 11 May 1999, aims to commemorate the scientific and technological achievements of Indian scientists, engineers.
- The day was named by the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Every year, the Technology Development Board of India (a statutory body under the Ministry of Science and Technology) celebrates the day by awarding individuals with National Award for their contribution to science and technology in India.
- The focus this year is ‘Rebooting the economy through Science and Technology.’
OPERATION ASHWAMEDH: The Real Account of An Aircraft Hostage Rescue Operation Which Can Put Even Thriller Novels into Shame.
Operation Vijay may refer to:
- Operation Vijay (1961), the operation by the Military of India that led to the capture of Goa, Daman and Diu, and Anjediva Islands.
- Operation Vijay (1999), the Indian operation to push back infiltrators in the Kargil War.