Correct Answer - Option 4 : None of the above
The correct answer is None of the above.
July 26 is celebrated as “Kargil Vijay Diwas” every year to mark the successful completion of “Operation Vijay” that ended the 3-month war along the Line of Control.
- The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July.
- On this date in 1999 Pakistan army taking advantage of the melting snow and betraying the bilateral understanding of both the nations (that the post would remain unattended during the winter season) took command of the high outposts of India.
- Pakistan's army refused the claims that its soldiers were involved in the war and claimed that they were the rebels from Kashmir itself, but the ammunition, identity cards, rations stores, and other evidence prove that the Pakistan army was behind this cowardly act.
- The International Day of Peace is observed annually on 21 September.
- Martyrs' Day or Shaheed Diwas is observed on January 30.
- The day marks the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- On this day in 1948, Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Godse in the compound of Birla House after one of his routine multi-faith prayer meetings.