Correct Answer - Option 3 : Industrial disaster
The correct answer is Industrial disaster.
Industrial disasters result due to accidental leakage of poisonous chemicals and pollute the surroundings on a large scale.
- Such disasters affect both the local populations and may even cover a large area of any region.
- Due to this, many people die instantly while others are crippled for the whole life in the form of Paralysis, blindness and, many other Chronic diseases.
- The most serious Industrial disasters are:
Bhopal Gas Tragedy(BGT): It occurred due to the leakage of Methyl Isocyanides on December 3, 1984, at Bhopal, India.
Chernobyl Nuclear disaster: It occurred at the Chernobyl Nuclear Powerplant on April 26, 1986, in Ukraine
- Disaster is defined as a sudden change, accidental event of great magnitude that causes considerable damage to life and property.
Disaster is of two types:
- When disasters occur due to natural forces, they are called natural disasters.
- Natural disasters such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Flood, Cyclones, Droughts, Volcanic eruptions, etc.
When the disasters are due to the carelessness of humans or mishandling of dangerous equipment's are called Man-made disasters.
- Man-made disasters such as Industrial accidents, Building collapse disasters, fire/explosion, Air, Rail, and Sea Accidents, etc.
Earthquake- Induced disaster:
- An earthquake is a natural disaster.
- It is measured on the Richter Scale.
- 'Seismology' is the study of earthquakes.
- Cyclone generates in the Seas and the Oceans and moves at a very high speed towards the land.
- Cyclones are named variously depend on their source of origin such as:
- Hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Typhoons in the Pacific Ocean.
- Cyclones in the Indian Ocean.
- Willy-willies in the Australian region.