Correct Answer - Option 4 : 10
- The relative motion between different layers of liquid or gases is opposed by a force, which is known as the Viscous force and this property is known as Viscosity.
- Its S.I unit is Poise.
- One poise is equal to 0.1 Pa-s (Pascal-Second).
∴ 1 Pa -sec = 10 poise.
Poise is the CGS unit, whereas Pa -sec is the SI unit.
Some properties of viscosity are:
- This is the property of both liquids and gases.
- In the case of liquid, it is seen because of the cohesive force between the molecules of the liquid.
- In the case of a gas, it is seen because of the diffusion of its molecules from one layer to other layers.
- The viscosity of gases is very less than that of liquids.
- No viscosity is there in solids.
- Viscosity on an ideal fluid is always zero.
- The viscosity of liquids decreases with the rise in temperature.
- The viscosity of gases increases with the rise in temperature.