Correct Answer - Option 4 : 1956
The correct answer is 1956.
Lakshadweep was formed under the States Reorganisation Act 1956. In this act, the states were reorganized on a linguist basis. The first state to be reorganized under this act was Andhra Pradesh.
- In Malayalam and Sanksrit the word Lakshadweep means "a hundred thousand islands".
- Lakshadweep consists of a group of 36 islands, 12 atolls, 3 reefs, 5 submerged banks, and 10 inhabited islands.
- It is the smallest Union Territory with an area of only 32 sq km.
- Only Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Airtel provide telecommunication services to Lakshadweep out of which BSNL provided services to all 10 inhabited islands and Airtel provide service to Kavaratti and Agatti islands.
- Kolkali, Parichakali, and Lava are the most popular folk dances of Lakshadweep.
- Capital:- Kavaratti.
- Governor:- Shri Praful Patel. (February 2021)
- The state of Nagaland was formed in the year 1957.
- Capital: Kohima. (February 2021)
- Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio.
- Governor: Ravindra Narayan Ravi.