Correct Answer - Option 3 : Modem
- Modem stands for Modulator-demodulator.
- It converts the analog signals from the transmission wires into digital signals which can be read by the computer devices (modulation).
- Then conversion of digital signal into analog and extracting out the useful information (demodulation) takes place.
- A multiplexer is a combinational circuit.
- A multiplexer is Many to one data selector.
- A multiplexer selects one of the many data available at its input depending on the bits on the select line.
- For 2n inputs, there are n select lines that determine, which input is to be connected to the output.
Gateway: A gateway is networking hardware used in telecommunications for telecommunications networks that allows data to flow from one discrete network to another.
Serial Port: An asynchronous port on the computer used to connect a serial device to the computer and capable of transmitting one bit at a time.