Correct Answer - Option 2 : 0.4 m2
The following should be remembered while measuring the roof covering as specified in IS 1200- 1973; Part 9 covers the method of measurement of roof covering (including cladding) for buildings and civil engineering work:
1. Portions of roof covering overlapped by ridge or hip, etc, shall be included in the measurements of the roof.
2. Any opening not exceeding 0·4 sq.m shall not be deducted and forming such openings requiring cutting shall be enumerated.
3. Any opening exceeding 0.4 sq.m shall be deducted and cutting required shall be measured in running meters.
4. Cutting across corrugations shall be measured on the flat.
5. No additions shall be made for laps cut through.
6. Sheeting curved or bent to curvature shall be measured separately.
7. The woodwork and steelwork shall be measured separately.