Correct Answer - Option 2 : 70.6%
The Correct Answer is 70.6%.
- Total number of literates in Madhya Pradesh as per 2011 census is 4,38,27,193 wherein 1,79,79,056 are females and 2,58,48,137 are males.
- In 2011, the literacy rate of Madhya Pradesh is 70.6 percent as compared to 63.7 percent in the year 2001.
Literacy rate in Madhya Pradesh
- Female and male literacy rates in 2011 are 60.0 percent and 80.5 percent respectively.
- In 2001, the female literacy rate was 50.3 percent whereas the male literacy rate was 76.1 percent.
- in 2011 the literacy rate is slipped to the 28th position among the Indian states.
- The literacy rate of India in 2011 is 74.0 percent.
- The literacy rate among females is 65.5 percent whereas the literacy rate among males is 82.1 percent.
- In order of higher literacy rates; Kerala, Lakshadweep, and Mizoram states hold first, second and third positions respectively.
- In female literacy, Kerala is the first while Mizoram and Lakshadweep hold second and third positions among all States and Union Territories.