Correct Answer - Option 4 : Statement I is incorrect but Statement II is true
The use of computers as information processing tools and the application of computer technology in interactive learning environments will make computers potentially a powerful tool for assessment. However, for developing countries, the educational requirement is more owing to the population explosion and mass education.
Statement I: Computer-based testing ensures high reliability and validity in the process of evaluation centered on effective and conative domains of behaviour.
The use of computers as a medium to deliver the tests as opposed to pen and paper is called a computer-based test.
These tests can be delivered online via the internet or using specific computer systems in a facility.
- It has become a viable alternative to conventional paper and pencil testing.
- CBT is a system of evaluation using a computer, which is useful for ability estimation, potential identification and quality enhancement.
- It is designed for large scale group testing. It is an individual testing situation in which the person taking the test interacts with a computer.
- In CBT, the evaluated behaviour is mapped and the progress is tackled and maintained as a cumulative record of progress individually.
- CBT is more efficient and less costly and provides standardised reports.
- They also help with eliminating all personal biases and errors of interpretation.
- CBT is reliable meaning consistent, i.e. yielding similar results.
- CBT is also valid which means it measures what it claims to measure.
- There are three main domains of learning. These domains of learning are the conative (thinking), the effective (social/emotional/feeling), and the psychomotor (physical/kinesthetic) domain.
- CBT measures evaluation centred on the conative domain of behaviour.
Thus, Statement I is incorrect.
Statement II: Support materials in the form of programmed instructional models have a tremendous potential to maximize learning.
Programmed Instructional material :
- It is a technique of self-instruction, one can learn by himself or herself.
- The instruction could be computer-assisted or printed format.
- The main focus is to develop materials that maximize learning foster understanding and reinforcement to the learner.
- The significant characteristics of Programmed Instructional material are
- Active responding
- Immediate feedback
- Individual difference is taken care
- Continuous evaluation
- Immediate confirmation
Thus, Statement II is correct.
Therefore, Statement I is incorrect but Statement II is true.