Correct Answer - Option 1 : Mental retardation
An intellectual disability that is also known as mental retardation (M.R.) is the most common disability found among children with special needs. It is considered a substantial limitation in present functioning.
- It starts before the age of 18, the intellectual functioning level of a child becomes below average and that can be measured by the standardized tests used for measuring the intelligence quotient.
An intellectual disability that is also known as mental retardation (M.R.) is the most common disability found among children with special needs.
The mentally retarded are those whose normal intellectual growth is arrested before birth, during the birth process, or in the early years of development.
- The concept of I.Q. and scores on intelligence tests have been found useful in labeling the individual as gifted, average (normal), or subnormal (retarded).
- It is considered a substantial limitation in present functioning. They require special care and supervision for their welfare and the development of their capacities.
- They have problems in communication, social interaction, managing their daily tasks, speech, lack of motor coordination, and can also have physical deformities.
- Mental retardation may vary in different individuals, ranging from mild to profound. They require special care and supervision for their welfare and for the development of their capacities.
Hence, it could be concluded that mental retardation is an example of intellectual disability.
- It is considered the as the difficulties in reading.
- The children will have problems in decoding the words while reading.
- It may be caused due to premature birth, low birth weight, and malnutrition.
|Attention deficit hyperactive syndrome
- It is also known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- The child who is constantly in motion, tapping fingers, poking others for no apparent reason, talking out of turn, and fidgeting is often called hyperactive.
- These children also have difficulty in concentrating on the task for an appropriate period of time.