Correct Answer - Option 2 : Major Hoshiar Singh
The correct answer is Major Hoshiar Singh.
Major Hoshiar Singh is a Param Vir Chakra awardee coming from the state of Haryana.
- He was awarded the honour during the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- He belonged to the Grenadiers regiment of the Indian army.
Param Vir Chakra (PVC) was instituted on 26 January 1950.
- It is the highest gallantry honour in India.
- It is awarded for most conspicuous bravery or some daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice, in the presence of an enemy, whether on land, at sea or in the air.
- This award can be given posthumously.
- It is awarded by the President of India.
- So far 21 personnel have been awarded this honour.
- The first Param Vir Chakra was awarded to Major Somnath Sharma.