Correct Answer - Option 2 : File extension
The correct answer is the File extension.
With the help of a file extension, a user can identify the type of file.
- A file extension or file name extension is the ending of a file that helps to identify the type of file in operating systems.
- In Windows, the file name extension is a period that is often followed by three characters but may also be one, two, or four characters long.
.exe, .txt, .dll are some of the examples of file extension.
- A file name is a name used to identify a computer file stored in a file system.
- A path in the form of the name of a file or directory which specifies a unique location in a file system.
- Folders are used to store data collectively.