Correct Answer - Option 2 : Age
A teacher plays a pivotal role in the school system and, therefore, has a tremendous influence on the all-around development of students. A teacher is a facilitator of children’s learning in a manner that helps children to construct knowledge and meaning. Climate means the prevalent mood, attitudes, standards, and tone that the teacher and students feel in a classroom. In a negative classroom climate, children feel hostile, and the classroom is out of control. On the other hand, in a positive classroom climate, the children feel safe, respectful, welcoming, and supportive of student learning.
Some traits of the teacher that determines the classroom climate are as follows:
- The teacher should be understanding and sensitive to the emotional and academic needs of the students.
- A teacher should have a sound value system. Values like honesty, truthfulness, loyalty, punctuality, cleanliness, dedication, affection, etc. should be present in the teacher. It is because the teacher is a role model for his/her pupils. Also, it will provide a lasting and inspiring example if the teachers have in them these qualities of personality and character.
- The teacher should show concern for students, acknowledging and appreciating the effort of students, accepting each student as a distinct individual, loving and caring, etc. This helps a teacher to understand students as they are and this also builds a great relationship between the teachers and the students.
- The teacher should encourage healthy interaction among students through group activities.
- The teacher should have warmth and enthusiasm as it inspires and instils positive attitudes and a love for learning in their students.
From the above, we can conclude that the age of a teacher does not determine the classroom climate.