Directions: Below question is given two statements (I) and (II). These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes or a common cause. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statements. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choice correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements.
(I) Drug addiction is a big problem with the college-going generation. The earlier young people start using drugs, the greater their chances of continuing to use them and become addicted later in life.
(II) It has been observed that adult health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and sleep disorders are steadily on the decline.
1. Statement (I) is the cause and Statement (II) is the effect.
2. Statement (II) is the cause and Statement (I) is the effect.
3. Both statement (I) and (II) are effects of some independent causes.
4. Both statement (I) and (II) are effect of some common cause
5. Both statement (I) and (II) are independent cause.