Correct Answer - Option 1 : B
The correct answer is Venus.
Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system.
- Although Venus is not the planet closest to the sun, its dense atmosphere traps heat due to the greenhouse effect makes it our solar system's hottest planet.
- Venus is known as the twin sister of earth.
- Venus is also known as the Morning star or Evening star.
- Hence, option 1 is correct.
- There are eight planets in the Solar System.
- From the closest to farthest from the Sun, they are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- The first four planets are called terrestrial planets.
- They are mostly made of rock and metal, and they are mostly solid.
The last four planets are called gas giants.
- This is because they are much larger than other planets and are mostly made of gas.
The Solar System also contains other things.
- There are asteroid belts, mostly between Mars and Jupiter.
- Further out than Neptune, there is the Kuiper belt and the scattered disc.
- These areas have dwarf planets, including Pluto, Makemake, Haumea, Ceres, and Eris.
- There are thousands of very small objects in these areas. There are also comets, centaurs, and there is interplanetary dust.