Correct Answer - Option 4 : All of these
The Correct answer is All of these.
- The glands present in the walls of the stomach are known as "Gastric Glands".
- Gastric glands secrete "Gastric Juice" which is composed of 3 main components:
- Hydrochloric Acid
- The enzyme 'Pepsin' is required for the conversion of Proteins into Amino Acids.
- This Conversion requires an acidic medium which is provided by a highly concentrated hydrochloric acid (HCL).
- Mucus helps in the prevention of any injury to the wall of the stomach due to highly concentrated HCL. (mucus is a sticky, thick Alkaline secretion that protects walls of the stomach from concentrated HCL).
- It shows, all three components of gastric juice are required for digestion.
- The stomach secretes some amount of Lipase enzyme, which helps in the digestion of fat.
- Gastric glands in infants secrete an enzyme named 'Renin'.
- It plays a role in the digestion of milk proteins of mothers milk. (Conversion of casein to paracasein).