Correct Answer - Option 2 : Lothal
The correct answer is Lothal.
- In Lothal Dockyard was found.
- List of Important sites with their features:
Located on the bank of the Ravi river.
Discovered by Daya Ram Sahini in 1921.
- Ist discovered site
- 2 rows of 6 granaries
- Sandstone statues of Human anatomy
- Bullock carts
- Coffin burials
Mohenjodaro (Pakistan) Located on the bank of the Indus river.
Discovered in Larkana District Of Sind by R. D Banerjee in 1922.
Mohenjodaro means "Mount of the dead”.
Also called an oasis of Sindh.
- Great Bath (Largest Brick Work)
- Great Granary (Largest Building)
- Impressive drainage system
- The bronze image of a dancing girl
- Image of steatite bearded man
- Piece of woven cotton
- Seal of Pashupati
- Skeletons on stairs of well
Chanhudaro (Pakistan) Located on the bank of the Indus river.
Discovered by NG Majumdar.
- Lancashire of India
- The only city without a citadel
- Bangles Factory
- Beads Factory
Located on the bank of Luni river.
In Rann of Kutch.
Discovered by JP Joshi.
- Exclusive water management.
Located on the bank of the Ghaggar river
Discovered by RS Bisht.
- Bones of horses
Located on the bank of the Ghaggar river.
Discovered By Vasant Shinde.
- Biggest site of Indus valley civilization
Baluchistan on Dast river.
- Between Harappa and Babylon
Located on the bank of the Bhogwa river.
- It has an artificial Brick dockyard.
- It has evidence of the earliest cultivation of Rice.
- It served as a seaport for Indus Valley People.
- The Indus Valley Civilization was spread from present-day North-East Afghanistan to Pakistan and North-West India.
- The civilization flourished in the river basins of the Ghaggar-Hakra river and the Indus.
- Indus valley civilization is one of the four oldest civilizations in the world.
- It is also known as Harappan Civilization and is well-known for its organized planning based on the grid system.
Important facts to be remembered.
- Indus valley civilization is the first urbanization in India.
- It has a well-planned drainage system, grid pattern, and town planning.
- They have possessed equality in society.
- Matridevi or Shakti is the Mother goddess.
- Yoni worship and Nature worship existed.
- They worshipped trees like Peepal.
- They also worshipped Fire worship called Havan Kund.
- Pashupati Mahadeva is known as the lord of Animals.
- The people of the Indus Valley Civilization worshipped Animal worship like unicorns and ox.
- Indus valley civilization is based on agriculture.
- Trade and commerce flourished in this period.
- A dockyard has been found at Lothal.
- There were export and import.
- Production of cotton was there.
- At Lothal, weights and measures of truth existed in Harappan culture was seen.
- The weights and were usually cubical in shape. and were made of limestone, steatite, etc