Correct Answer - Option 3 : historical manuscripts and documents are kept
An archive is a place where people can go to gather firsthand facts, data, and evidence from letters, reports, notes, memos, photographs, and other primary sources.
- Today all national and state governments have archives where they keep all their official records and transactions.
- In archives, the historical manuscripts and documents are kept.
- This information has been collected by individuals or by organizations.
Hence, the correct answer is historical manuscripts and documents are kept.
Keeping old documents and records is practised for a long time back.
- They have been found by archaeologists from the second and third centuries BC.
- These archives were made of clay.
- The Chinese, Greeks, and Romans practised the system of maintaining archives.
- However, these documents were lost because they were made on Papyrus which was perishable.
- The largest National Archives in the world are the French National Archives.