Correct Answer - Option 2 : All individuals are similar in their development.
Development refers to an increase in structure for better and enhanced functioning of organs. It is a complex and continuous process, thus there are some principles that need to be followed for a better understanding of the concept.
Principle of integration:
- By proceeding from general responses to specific responses again, these specific responses are integrated from the whole it means there is a movement from whole to parts and again from parts to whole.
Principle of individual difference:
- With respect to development, the rate and quality of development in various dimensions differ from person to person. There is a difference in the growth rate between boys and girls. Girls mature earlier in comparison to boys.
Development follows a pattern:
- Prenatal (before birth) and postnatal (after birth) development of human beings follow a pattern or a predictable sequence. Physical development, motor or language development and intellectual development take place in definite sequences.
Product of hereditary and environment:
- Hereditary and environment play a vital role in determining the development of an individual as:
all the mental and social traits depend on the environment.
- all the inborn traits, instincts, potentials, and I. Q. depends on heredity.
- Development = Heredity * Environment
Hence, it could be concluded that the statement 'All individuals are similar in their development' is incorrect about the principles of child development.