Correct Answer - Option 4 : None of the above
The correct answer is None of the above.
The table below is correctly matched:
||Chittor Siege By
||Alauddin Khilji laid siege of Chittor.
||Bahadur Shah of Gujarat siege Of Chittor.
||Akbar laid siege to the fort of Chittor.
1303: First Jauhar of Chittorgarh
- In 1303, Alauddin Khilji laid siege of Chittor.
- In the following battle, Rana Ratan Singh of Chittor died fighting & Rani Padmini committed Jauhar.
- The event is remembered as the First Jauhar of Chittor.
- Years later in 1540, Malik Mohd. Jayasi wrote Padmavat on this Jauhar.
1535: Second Jauhar of Chittor
- In 1535, Bahadur Shah of Gujarat laid siege to Chittorgarh.
- This invasion of Chittor resulted in the Second Jauhar & Saka in the history of Chittor and ensued a series of battles that led to the overthrow of the Gujarat Sultanate.
1567: Third Jauhar of Chittorgarh
- In 1567, extending his campaign against Rajputana, Akbar laid siege to the fort of Chittorgarh.
- Through their valour & sacrifice in defense of the fort, Jaimal & Patta became synonymous with the house of Mewar
- The battle witnessed the third Jauhar of Chittorgarh & the massacre that Abkar ordered after the victory.