Correct Answer - Option 3 : Developmental occurs at a different rate among different individuals.
Development refers to an increase in structure for better and enhanced functioning of organs. The rate and speed of development may vary in individual cases but the sequence of development patterns is almost the same in all children.
Characteristics of Development
- Development describes the growth of humans throughout the lifespan, from conception to death. The student seeks to understand and explain how and why people change throughout life. This includes all aspects of human growth, including physical, emotional, intellectual, social, perceptual, and personality development, among others.
- Development is a life-long process that covers the entire spectrum of human life and occurs at a different rate among different individuals. There is a difference in the starting point and also in the rate of development of two different human beings. Each individual (child) is unique and develops in his/her own way. Thus the development is an individual process.
- Developmental changes do not always go forward in a straight line. While the development of different physical and mental traits is continuous, it is never uniform.
- Each individual continuously changes in his/ her own way, even when some appearance and behavior traits seem to remain constant.
- The levels of biological, psychological, and intellectual growth and integration may differ from person to person, yet there are no individuals whose bodily functions, mental abilities, or personality organization lack unification at any phase of development.
Hence, we can conclude that development occurs at a different rate among different individuals.