Correct Answer - Option 1 : Compound mechanism
A mechanism is a set of machine elements or components or parts arranged in a specific order to produce a specified motion.
When one of the links of a kinematic chain is fixed, the chain is called a mechanism.
Mechanisms are of the following types:
- This is a mechanism which has four links
- This is a mechanism which has more than four links
- This is formed by the inclusion of ternary or higher-order floating link to a simple mechanism
- This is formed when all the links of the mechanism lie in the same plane
- This is formed when all the links of the mechanism lie in the different plane
- Turning pairs of plane mechanisms may be replaced by other types of pairs such as sliding pairs or cam pairs. The new mechanism thus obtained having the same number of degrees of freedom as the original mechanism is called the equivalent mechanism