Correct Answer - Option 4 : 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
The correct answer is 1, 2 ,3 and 4
The National Commission for Women was set up as statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, to:
- review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards for women;
- recommend remedial legislative measures;
- facilitate redressal of grievances and suo moto notice of matters
- advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. Hence, All the statements are correct.
The Commission shall perform all or any of the following functions:
- Investigation and Examination: Investigate and examine all the matters relating to the safeguards provided for the women under the Constitution and other laws
- Presentation of Reports: Table reports to the Central Government, every year and at such other times as the Commission may deem fit, reports upon the working of those safeguards
- Recommendations: Make in such reports and recommendations for the effective accomplishment of those safeguards for enhancing the conditions of the women by the Union or any State.
- Review, every now and then, the current provisions of the Constitution and other laws distressing the women and prescribe alterations and suggest curative legislative measures meet any break, inadequacies, and incapacity in such legislation.
- Cases of Violation: Take up cases of infringement of the provisions of the Constitution and of other laws relating to the women with the relevant authorities
- Suo Moto Notice: It looks into complaints, and takes Suo Motto notice of matters relating to – deprivation of women’s rights, Non-implementation of the laws, and Non-compliance of policy decisions guaranteeing the welfare for women society.
- Special Studies and Investigation: It conducts special studies or investigation on the concerning issues or circumstances emerging out of segregation and outrages against ladies and recognizes the limitations in order to suggest techniques for their expulsion
- Research: Undertake the promotional and educational research so as to propose ways of ensuring due representation of women in all fields and identifies the factors responsible for impeding the support services and technologies for reducing drudgery and professional health hazards and for escalating their efficiency.
- Participation in all spheres particularly in Planning: take part and advice on the planning process of socio-economic development of women
- Evaluation: assess the progress of the development of women society under the Union and State.
- Inspection: investigate or cause to be inspected a jail, remand home women’s establishment or other places of guardianship where ladies are kept as detainees.
- Funding: fund litigation, relating issues affecting a large body of women.
- Reporting: make periodical reports on any issue pertaining to women and in particular various difficulties under which women toil.