Directions: The critical reasoning question is based on short arguments, a set of statements, or a plan of action. For each question, select the best answer of the choices given and explain why the chosen answer is the right fit.
Statement: According to the latest research by some professors at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ozone layer depletion is one of the major causes of Global Warming. Ozone-depleting substances, which include CFCs and HCFCs, were once used widely in refrigerants, insulating foams, solvents, and other applications. These substances all release chlorine atoms into the stratosphere. It is important to understand that ozone depletion is not limited to the area over the South Pole. Research has shown that ozone depletion occurs over the latitudes that include North America, Europe, Asia, and much of Africa, Australia, and South America. Further, because of ozone depletion, there are some pernicious rays that enter the earth's environment and cause permanent eye infection in some animals.
Which of the following options is in line with the given statement?
1. All rays are harmful to human eyes
2. Due to Global warming, the temperature of the earth is increasing which in turn cause eye infection in some species of animals.
3. Very few species of animals are exposed to these harmful rays of light.
4. CFCs is not a Ozone depleting substance.
5. Some harmful radiations can easily enter earth's environment due to ozone depletion.