Correct Answer - Option 1 : 1(C), 2(A), 3(B).
The correct answer is 1(C), 2(A), 3(B).
National Commission for SC and ST was created by the 65th Amendment Act, 1990.
- It replaced the single-member special officer for SC and ST.
It constituted a multimember body, the National Commission for SC and ST under Article 338.
- It was bifurcated into the National Commission of Scheduled Castes and National Commission of Scheduled Tribes by the 89th Amendment Act, 2003.
- It added a new Article 338-A.
- The 102nd Amendment Act, 2018 granted Constitutional status to the National Commission of Backward Classes.
- It added Article 338-B to the Indian Constitution.
- NCSC: Ram Shankar Katheria
- NCST: Nand Kumar Sai
- NCBC: Bhagwan Lal Sahni
Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and three other members.
- All members are appointed by the President.
Their condition of service and tenure is determined by the President.
Tenure: three years.