Read the following passage.
An eight-year-old child, Tess, heard her parents talking about her little brother, Andrew. All she knew was that Andrew was very sick and her parents did not have enough money for the treatment. They were moving into a smaller house because they could not afford to stay in the present house after paying the doctor’s bills He needed a costly surgery now and there was no one to loan them the money, so her parents lost their hope and gave up their efforts.
Answer the following questions.
1) How old was Tess ? Who was her little brother?
2) What was the problem with her brother?
3) Did Tess’s parents have enough money for the treatment? Why?
4) Why were Tess’s parents moving to a smaller house?
5) Why did Tess’s parents give up their efforts?