Read the passage carefully-
The Road to Success
1. The Road to success is not straight, there is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, caution lights called family, and you will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, and a driver called God, you will make it to a place called success!
2. In spite of all our planning and preparation, unexpected challenges are certain to arise. The bumps in the road are unavoidable, but you’ll never get to your destination if you aren’t willing to drive over them. The difference between a disaster and triumph lies in whether or not you’re prepared and willing to weather the storm. If you’re ready, those bumps will become stepping-stones.
3. The key thing to realize is that working harder is same as working smarter. How do you work smarter? You just need to have the right skills. People want improved circumstances and better life without an improved self. They want victory without paying the price or making efforts. It really cannot happen without the other. Any improvements that have not been generated by improving yourself are superficial and short-lived. If you want to have a better future, you have to change yourself. Stop worrying about the various challenges that will come your way. Just believe in yourself and use them as stepping-stones.
4. “Success” is getting whatever you want out of life without violating the rights of others.” It is not an accident. Success is the result of our attitude and our attitude is a choice. Hence success is a matter of choice and not chance.
5. Today success represents a holistic and positive attitude to life. Attitude is everything. Success is not restricted within some kind of brick and mortar premises. It assumes the individuality of a complete act executed with perfection, material achievements do not define life. We don’t remember sports stars for the products they endorse but the spirit of achievement they represent. In the abundance of positive attitude underline the grandeur of a truly rewarding rich life.
6. Success can be measured from two standpoints—the external and the internal. Externally it is the measure of a job well done and recognition. Internally it the feeling of achievement and wholeness derived from the completion of a task or fulfillment of desire.
On the basis of your reading of the above extract, answer the following questions
(a) The synonym of ‘victory’ as given in paragraph 2 is ____________
(i) Planning (ii) Preparation (iii) Triumph (iv) Challenges
(b) The synonym of ‘surplus’ as given in paragraph 5 is ______________
(c) The antonym of ‘Defeat’ as given in paragraph 6 is _____________
(i) Recognition (ii) Achievement (iii) Completion (iv) Success
(d) The antonym of ‘deep’ as given in Paragraph 3 is ____________