Man has tried to exploit the resources of Biosphere. But he has disturbed the eco-system in this attempt. Human interference with the natural environment has modified or altered the ecosystem in many areas.
1. Deforestation for cultivation has changed the habitat of the organisms living in the forests.
2. It has resulted in soil erosion.
3. Excessive cultivation, over-grazing, and shifting agriculture have increased the rate of soil erosion.
4. Irrigation projects in dry areas have resulted into salinization of soil and spread of water borne diseases.
5. Land, air and water have got polluted and have become unsuitable for human consumption.
6. In recent years, environmental pollution and presence of chemicals in air, water and food has damaged human health.