1. Environment is our basic life support system. It provides the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and the land where we live.
2. It provides us natural resources such as wood, fuel, energy and minerals.
3. Most of the human activities affect the environment in one way or the other.
4. Many parts of the environment have already been badly damaged by over use or irrational use of resources like forest, pastures and farms.
5. If we continue to do so, the damage will be irreparable and the consequences will be very serious.