Here are some problems that the residents of the annexe faced :
(1) They were forced to pup the windows curtained and they could not make any noise no flushing of toilet or bathing, no walking around etc.
(2) They had no access to a physician if they get sick and because they are all enclosed together, everyone could become ill.
(3) They were confined 24 hours a day in a small a situation in which tension could easily occur.
(4) The residents’ clothing was wearing out, their food in shortage and they did not know how long the war would last or if they could hide until its end.
(5) There was artillery fire out side the building residents did not know if the city would be bombed or shots would stray into the annexe.
(6) Jealousies and antipathies developed as a result of such living with other who were not family