According to Blair, “Tabulation in its broad sense is an orderly arrangement of data in columns and rows.”
Tabulation is a process of presenting the collected and classified data in proper order and systematic way in columns and rows so that it can be easily compared and its characteristics can be elucidated.
Objects of Tabulation :
- Orderly and systematic presentation of data.
- Making data precise and stable.
- To facilitate comparison.
- To make the problem clear and self evident.
- To facilitate analysis & interpretation of data.
Kinds of Table : The different kinds of tables are showned in the following chart -