CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FOURTH GENERATION COMPUTER
1) The fourth generation computers have microprocessor-based systems. It uses VLSI (Very Large Scale Integrated) circuits.
2) They are the cheapest among all the computer generation.
3) The speed, accuracy and reliability of the computers were improved in fourth generation computers.
4) Many high-level languages were developed in the fourth generation such as COBOL, FORTRAN, BASIC, PASCAL and C language.
5) A Further refinement of input/output devices was developed.
6) Networking between the systems was developed in fourth generation computer.