Merits of Chain stores are:
1. Asa multiple shop, generally, sells articles which are necessities or semi-necessities, it has a large turnover.
2. In the case of a multiple shop, one branch advertises the other as all the branches are dealing in identical goods.
3. As it is generally established very near to the residential areas of the customers, it is easily accessible to the customers.
Demerits of Chain stores are:
1. It does not provide credit facilities to its customers.
2. It does not provide services, such as the collection of orders through phones, free home delivery of goods, etc.
3. It pays very little attention to the likes and dislikes of an individual customer, as it sells only a limited variety of standardized articles.