Indian Olympic Association was established in 1927. Sir Dorabji Tata and Dr. Noehren became the founder President and General Secretary of the is affiliated to International Olympic Committee. The election of the office bearers of the Indian Olympic Association is held after every four years.
The council consists of various members:-
Vice- President:- nine vice presidents
Joint Secretaries:- six joint secretaries
Secretary General:- one
Executive Members:- One honorary Treasurer, seven representative of state Olympic associations and twelve representatives of national sports federations.
Objectives of Indian Olympic Association:-
The main objectives of Indian Olympic Associations are:-
1. Enforcement of all rules and regulations of International Olympic Committee and Indian Olympic Association.
2. Development and Promotion of the Olympic Movement.
3. To take disciplinary action against any federation for misbehavior or any other undesirable activity bringing discredit to the nation.
4. To co- operate with national sports federations/associations, organize and control selection, training, coaching of the team that will represent India.
5. Admitting the members of state Olympic Associations/National sports federations which submit their annual reports and audited statements of accounts necessary.