The different measures for preventing virus are:
1. Always use licensed software.
2. Password protect your PC to prevent unattended modification.
3. Install quality antivirus:
The users should install professional, business-grade antivirus software on their PCs. Pro-grade antivirus programs update more frequently throughout the, protect against a wider range of threats (such as rootkits), and enable additional protective features (such as custom scans).
4. Install real-time anti-spyware protection. Use of professional (or fully paid and licensed) anti-spyware programs are required to prevent infections and fully remove those infections already present.
5. Disable autorun:
Many viruses work by attaching themselves to a drive and automatically installing themselves. As a result, connecting any network drives, external hard disks, or even thumb drives to a system can result in the automatic propagation of such threats. The users can disable the Windows autorun feature to avoid.
6. Don’t click on email links or attachments:
Users should never click on email attachments without at. least first scanning them for viruses using a business-class anti-malware application. As for clicking on links, users should access Web sites by opening a browser and manually navigating to the sites.